Preparing for the color meeting
The color meeting can be one of the most exciting aspects of the home building process. You get to choose the exterior color, interior colors, as well as discuss your floor plan, elevation, changes, upgrades and features that you have selected. So what are the steps and what can you expect from the color meeting? Here is some helpful information about the color meeting.
Please complete the following before your color meeting and pre-construction meeting.
- Please contact your home consultant if there are any changes that are not listed in your contract. Make sure your sales consultant knows about any changes prior to the color meeting so drawings can be updated.
- Send a list of all chosen upgrades to the your sales consultant. This needs to be done to determine if any items will need to be paid for during the color meeting or which upgrades can be financed into the purchase price. Please keep in mind that some upgrades are not appraised dollar for dollar.
- Explore our communities to acquire ideas for: exterior paint, brick, stone, flooring, granite or quartz color and much more. While visiting, please note these details by writing down the addresses of homes where desired features were found. This will help our design team look up these details during the meeting.
- Our design team works hard to help make the color meeting a smooth process, but this process can be overwhelming. It is recommended to set a date and time with your sales consultant for a walk through of the design center if you feel more time is needed to make selections.
- Consider the desired location for phone and cable outlets.
About the color meeting
- Selections and floor plans are finalized during the pre-construction and color meeting.
- We constantly improve our features. Some products and/or selections may change from what is showcased in our model homes and market homes. The most up to date selections will be found at our design center.
- The color meeting generally takes two to four hours, depending on the size and completion stage of your home. Multiple meetings may be required if more time is needed to make selections.
Scheduling the color meeting
- You can expect a call or text from our team to schedule your color meeting within two weeks of writing your contract. (Subject to change due to pre-approved financing). Meetings take place Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The post The Color Meeting appeared first on Home Creations Blog.